Oral cancer is a serious health issue and it’s important to take steps to reduce your risk of developing it. Your Miami holistic dentist is here to help you understand ways to lower your risk. Here are five tips from your Miami holistic dentist to help you reduce your risk of oral cancer.
- Get Regular Checkups: One of the best ways to reduce your risk of oral cancer is to get regular checkups with your dentist. During these checkups, your dentist will be able to detect any early signs of oral cancer. Catching the disease early is key in successful treatment.
- Avoid Tobacco: Tobacco has been linked to an increased risk of oral cancer, so it’s important to avoid all forms of it. This includes cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless tobacco. If you’re a smoker, ask your Miami holistic dentist for help in quitting the habit.
- Limit Alcohol Consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption has also been linked to an increased risk of oral cancer. It’s important to limit your alcohol consumption to reduce your risk of developing the disease.
- Avoid Excessive Sun Exposure: Too much sun exposure can increase your risk of developing oral cancer. Wear a hat and sunglasses when you go outside and use sunscreen to protect your lips.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables can help reduce your risk of oral cancer. Eating a balanced diet can also help keep your bones and teeth healthy.
These are just a few tips from your Miami holistic dentist to help you reduce your risk of oral cancer. By following these tips, you can help keep your mouth healthy and reduce your risk of developing this serious disease. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to talk to your dentist.
To learn more about the benefits of holistic dentistry in Miami and how to create healthy habits for a healthier you, please visit Assure a Smile online or call our friendly front desk at 305-723-9589.