3D imaging and printing have transformed how things are done in a wide range of industries and professions. The ability to visualize and produce with unprecedented precision and clarity have made both manufacturing and medicine more efficient while producing vastly superior results. The same can be said about the impact of this revolutionary technology on dentistry and orthodontics.
At Assure A Smile in Miami, our holistic dental clinic is proud to offer our patients the remarkable benefits of 3D technology. It changes the way patients experience restorations, dental implants, and orthodontic treatments by making them less invasive and more comfortable. The results are equally impressive in their appearance and resiliency.
CEREC 3D Technology
One of the most powerful and advanced dental technologies available, the CEREC system we use is the pinnacle of digital dentistry. We have been using CEREC’s 3D imaging capabilities for a while, and are now happy to complement our imaging with the use of the latest in 3D printing technology.
Dental Benefits of 3D Imaging and Printing
Digital 3D scanners use lasers and cameras to scan the mouth and jaw while 3D printers create an exact 3D model of your teeth and gums. Perhaps the most welcome benefit of this 3D model is that it eliminates the much-dreaded process of creating molds and impressions using plaster trays of “goop.”
But that is far from the only way CEREC and 3D technology is changing the dental experience for the better. Here are more of the many upsides of the advanced 3D imaging and printing we use at Assure A Smile:
- A perfect crown in a single visit. With CEREC, restorative procedures involving crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers, bridges, and abutments can be performed in a single visit, without the need for temporaries and follow-up visits.
- Advanced restoration recommendations.CEREC uses advanced Biojaw software to fully analyze the teeth, gums, and surrounding soft tissues to provide precise restoration recommendations for natural, comfortable, and lasting outcomes.
- Laboratory quality dental solutions.CEREC brings lab-quality production capabilities directly into the dentist office, allowing patients to receive customized dental solutions more quickly than ever before. With CEREC, Assure A Smile can now produce the highest quality crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers, bridges, abutments, and temporary or permanent dental solutions using bio-compatible materials that are known to be non-toxic. Patients receive permanent dental solutions the same day of the appointment, eliminating the need for temporaries and follow-up visits.
- Precision implants immediately. CEREC technology makes it possible to perform implant procedures with surgical precision. Using the CEREC technology, Dr. Herrmann can create a surgical guide using optical video impressions and 3D scans. Guides are produced just moments before your procedure to ensure maximum accuracy and precision.
Improved Orthodontics and Invisalign® With 3D Technology
With digital impressions and 3D imaging and printing, we can capture the contours of your oral anatomy with greater comfort, accuracy, and precision compared to traditional plaster impressions. They key orthodontic benefits of using 3D imaging and printing include:
- Greater comfort.
- A precise 3D model of your teeth and gums that can be immediately reviewed by your orthodontist.
- Faster delivery of patient information and digital impressions to providers like Invisalign®.
- Quicker turnaround time—receive your Invisalign® aligners and other orthodontic equipment more quickly.
- More accurate fitting—digital impressions enable the creation of aligners and orthodontics with unparalleled precision.
Experience the Benefits of 3D Technology at Assure A Smile
Assure A Smile is one of the only dental practices in South Florida to offer restorations, implants, and orthodontic treatments enhanced with CEREC 3D imaging and 3D printing. To learn more about this revolutionary, safe, and effective new approach to dental care and orthodontic treatment, contact Assure A Smile online or call us at 305-274-0047.