The human teeth function to mechanically break down items of food by cutting and crushing them in preparation for swallowing and digesting.
Below are 8 fun facts about teeth we thought you’d enjoy learning about.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest part of the human body.
- One-quarter of adults in the US have lost all their teeth.
- Teeth start to form before we are born.
- Visiting the dentist at least twice a year is imperative for dental health.
- We buy 18 yards of dental floss a year. We should buy 122 yards.
- A Middle Age custom was to kiss a donkey for toothaches.
Assure A Smile: Miami Holistic Dentistry
At Assure A Smile in Miami, we not only treat teeth and gum problems when they arise but work to help our patients avoid them in the first place. To learn more about the importance of holistic dentistry and how to develop healthier habits for a better you, please contact us today at 305-274-0047.