Patients may experience a range of emotions after losing a tooth. Some patients experience distress and trauma, while others experience anger due to their oral health. Patients may lose teeth for a variety of reasons, including mouth trauma, medication side effects, a medical condition, severe decay, and family history. Choosing a tooth replacement option as soon as possible to improve their oral health is one of the ways we help our patients. Patients who have experienced prolonged tooth loss or who have lost a tooth in one of the back molars frequently wonder whether a replacement is actually necessary. To them, we always say yes.
Despite being individually positioned in your mouth, your teeth function as one cohesive system. Because each tooth has a distinct function, losing one alters how the teeth as a whole work. When a tooth is lost and not replaced, the teeth around it have to work harder, which can cause severe damage and early tooth wear.
Patients may be reluctant to get missing teeth replaced for a variety of reasons. However, every missing tooth must be replaced, regardless of where it is located, for a variety of reasons, including:
- Your other teeth will wear more quickly because they must perform additional tasks.
- A lisp or speech impediment can result from missing teeth.
- Eating becomes more challenging, and you may need to cut out some foods.
- Your teeth could easily shift and become crooked, leading to problems with gaps and crowding.
- The jaw will start to deteriorate, resulting in sagging facial features.
If you are in need of tooth replacement and would like more information on the best treatment plan for you, please contact your Miami holistic dentist.
To learn more about the benefits of holistic dentistry in Miami and how to create healthy habits for a healthier you, please visit Assure a Smile online or call our friendly front desk at 305-723-9589.
Leave A Comment