Subtle Signs of Mercury Poisoning

//Subtle Signs of Mercury Poisoning

Subtle Signs of Mercury Poisoning

Dental amalgam fillings have been used by dentists worldwide for over 150 years on hundreds of millions of patients, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Silver fillings, as they are commonly called, contain approximately 50 percent elemental mercury. Mercury binds with the metal particles in the filling to form the amalgam, giving them their formal name. However, as the FDA points out, high levels of mercury vapor exposure can result in brain and kidney damage. Mercury, in itself, is considered the most toxic non-radioactive element on earth. These silver fillings, placed directly in the mouth where air flows into the body, release colorless, odorless and tasteless vapors over the life of the filling. Yet, the FDA has deemed silver fillings safe for patients over 6 years old for reasons unknown. Despite the approval, research indicates that mercury inhalation can lead to severe health conditions. Therefore, safe mercury filling removal of these toxic substances is highly recommended.
If you have silver fillings and think you might be experiencing the symptoms of mercury poisoning, consider the following subtle signs:

  • Mood Swings
  • Headache
  • Tremors
  • Insomnia
  • Weakness
  • Nervousness or Irritability

You may be experiencing one or all of these symptoms with little regard to how they occurred. However, patients who undergo mercury filling removal claim a drastic shift in their overall health.
Just last month, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) released a statement and warning regarding mercury levels in patients with dental restorations. A study published in September 2016 from researchers at the University of Georgia and University of Washington revealed that patients with dental mercury amalgam fillings have higher mercury levels present in their body, and the highest levels were found in patients with more than eight surface restorations. This does mean a patient needs more than eight fillings to be exposed to the highest levels of mercury shown. In fact, each tooth has five surfaces, so a patient with just two fillings may be at a heightened risk.

Miami Mercury Removal

At Assure A Smile, we put your health first. Because mercury is so harmful, we employ extremely cautious techniques to remove silver fillings from each patient’s mouth. First, Dr. Ted Herrmann uses dental dams to cover the mouth and protect the soft tissue. These also keep patients from breathing in more mercury vapors through the esophagus. We also utilize air filters to prevent inhalation of mercury vapor during the extraction and replacement processes. Keeping conscious of our environmental impact and to keep the public safe, Assure A Smile uses advanced filtrations systems to dispose of removed mercury fillings. Patients are left with healthier bio-compatible and non-toxic white composites that look more natural without the injurious side effects.
To schedule a consultation to discuss safe mercury removal in Miami, call Assure A Smile at 305-274-0047.

By | 2016-11-21T12:00:37+00:00 November 21st, 2016|Mercury Free Dentistry|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment

Skip to content