Dental amalgam is the proper term to refer to the silver material that is used in dental procedures like fillings. This material is actually a combination of mercury and at least one other metal, like tin. Invented in France in the early 1800s, dental amalgam has remained a popular filling agent because of its strength. However, experts at the World Health Organization have made a clear assertion: Mercury from dental amalgam feeds more mercury into a person’s body system than any other source combined, prompting many to seek safe amalgam removal.
COMMENTS BY DR. TED HERRMANN:
We know that mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive chemical on Earth (i). We know that this chemical vaporizes under pressure and heat. We also know that, when vaporized, this chemical is tasteless, odorless, and easily inhaled without notice. Why, then, does it make sense to have such a chemical in your mouth?
Comments by Dr. Ted Herrmann:
Mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, and arsenic. What many people are unaware of, however, is just how close they come to it each day. In truth, if you have a traditional silver filling in any of your teeth, you have a little bit of mercury there too.